May 1, 2010
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
Read at source …
November 3, 2009
Forgotten the Websense Manager password, cannot log on to Websense Manager, or need to change the Websense Manager password.
Error Messages: (Detailed)
Invalid user name or password.
You have exceeded the maximum number of logon attempts.
Contact your system administrator to obtain access.
It is not possible to recover a Websense password; however, it can be removed. Once eliminated and then reopening Websense Manager, you will be prompted to enter a new password.
The password is encrypted and then stored in a configuration file. If you cannot access Websense Manager because you do not remember or do not know the password, then you can reset the password by editing the config.xml file (contains all your custom settings).
To reset the password, complete the following steps:
- Stop Websense Policy Server.
- Select Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right-click Websense Policy Server and then select Stop.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Select View > Choose Details.
- In the Choose Details list, ensure both Name and Type are checked, and then click OK.
This ensures that you edit the config.xml file, not the config.xml.bak file.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the \Program Files\Websense\bin directory and then locate the config.xml file.
- Copy the config.xml file to create a backup.
Save the copied version to another directory.
- With Notepad or any similar text editor, open the config.xml file in the \Program Files\Websense\bin directory.
- Use the Find function to search for the following string:
The search locates the line that requires editing. The entry is similar to the following:
Use the Find function to search for the following string:
Once located, delete the alphanumeric string within the closed and open caret symbols ( > and < ).
When modified, the string should look identical to the following example: