May 17, 2010
You can configure Windows XP to automate the logon process IF your computer is NOT part of a domain.
- Start > Run > type control userpasswords2
- Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.
- Click Apply.
- Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.
- Click OK again and you’re all done.
This feature allows other users to start your computer and use the account that you establish to automatically log on. Enabling auto logon makes your computer more convenient to use, but can pose a security risk.
February 13, 2010
To create permanent quesies in AD,
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers (dsa.msc)
- Navigate to Saved Queries
- Right Click on Saved Queries
- Select New
- Select Query
- Populate the Name and Description with something meaningful.
- Select Define Query
- Create LDAP query for a list of …
January 2, 2010
After reading a post about the Zi8 on CrunchGear I definitely want one of these.
Available from Amazon UK…
The slim and stylish KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera is designed to meet these needs at the touch of a button — no lens cap, dials to turn or settings to adjust. The new camera’s range of advanced features includes:
• Full HD 1080p video capture wherever you go;
• Built-in electronic image stabilization for sharper videos and reduced blurring;
• Vivid 2.5″ color LCD;
• Flexible swing-out USB arm for fast uploading, sharing, and charging;
• 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures;
• Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube;
• Compatible with PC and Mac operating systems;
• Record up to 10 hours of HD video* with the expandable SD/SDHC card slot that can hold up to 32 GB;
• Capture family and friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology;
• See more details and accurate colors in low light;
• External microphone jack;
• In-box HDMI cable;
• Record from a distance or playback on your TV conveniently with optional KODAK Pocket Video remote control;
• Grab attention and define your style with the ultra compact design, stunning looks, and a range of colors.
Uploading to Facebook and YouTube
The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera provides one-button upload to Facebook, the premiere social networking and sharing website. Content can also be quickly and easily uploaded to YouTube, the world’s most popular online video community. The built-in software on the camera allows seamless upload of your video and pictures from the same desktop interface used for video editing and movie creation.
A range of accessories are available for the KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera, including:
• KODAK SDHC Memory Cards, available in 4, 8, and 16GB capacities customized for optimal video capture;
• KODAK Pocket Video Remote control;
• KODAK KLIC-7004 Lithium Ion batteries;
• KODAK Flexi-tripod;
• KODAK Adventure Mount for helmet, handlebars and more;
• KODAK cases, camera bags and neck straps.
Pricing and Availability
The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera is available in aqua, raspberry and black** and retail for GBP149.99.
November 16, 2009
Great video explaining what Default Group Policy Objects (GPOs) do.