December 31, 2009
Users who have tested Outlook 2010 Beta would have noticed that Outlook 2010 Beta does not work with the shipping version of the Outlook Connector (Version 12). Users fail to connect and synchronize their Windows Live Hotmail account in the latest Outlook 2010 with this version even though this version works well with both Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
To allow users to use Outlook 2010 to access and manage their Microsoft Windows Live Hotmail or Microsoft Office Live Mail accounts including e-mail messages, contacts and calendars, Microsoft has quietly released an updated version of Outlook Connector for Office 2010 under the Microsoft Office 2010 Technical Preview suite. Users who use Office 2010 can download the free application via the following links:
Tip: A workaround to install Outlook Connector for Office 2010 for user who can’t install Outlook Connector on system with Office 2010 Beta or Technical Preview.
December 5, 2009
Symantec’s Dirtiest Sites 2009
Symantec says that visiting one of these sites, without downloading or clicking on anything in particular, could put you at risk of exposing your computer to infection, and worse, put your identity, personal and financial information into the hands of cybercriminals.
Multimedia sites and adult sites also feature heavily in the list. However, the remainder of the dirtiest sites cover subjects ranging from laser engraving and gaming cheats, news sites and glove retailers.
The US hosts the majority of these ‘dirty sites’ but was closely followed by China, Germany, Canada and the UK.
Symantec said it has chosen not to publish the list due to the explicit nature of the URLs.
Is this site safe?
December 3, 2009
Useful site providing access to a number of Internet tools such
- Authoritatively check if a domain exists or is available
- Examine the DNS data on a particular domain
- Generic Whois Lookup on domain / IP address
- Query the InterNIC (Domain Registry/Whois) Database – (.com, .org, .net, .edu, .int)
- Lookup a CO.UK/ORG.UK/NET.UK/PLC.UK/LTD.UK/SCH.UK Domain in the UK Database
- Show DNS Data on an Individual Host
- Perform Traceroute on Domain Name / IP Address
December 2, 2009
Virus scanning recommendations for computers that are running:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 and services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP as well as Microsoft Windows Update or Automatic Update related files
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7: Microsoft Windows Update or Automatic Update related files
Anti-Virus Exclusions in the Enterprise…
December 1, 2009
The Trials Manager for the V10_04 Beta has cut off any further participants and the projected release date for General Availability V10.04 is December 14th. V10_04 will support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 in both 32 and 64 bit.