When you hover your mouse over the icons on your Taskbar, you can see thumbnail previews of all open windows for each of those applications.
When you do so, there is a slight delay before the thumbnail appears. To make the thumbnails display more quickly by use the following Registry hack:
- Launch the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Search box and pressing Enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse.
- Double-click MouseHoverTime. The default value you’ll see is 400 – which means 400 milliseconds. Type in a new, smaller value – 150 is a good bet.
- Click ok and exit the Registry Editor.
- Log off or restart your computer for the change to take effect.