Accessing Orion NMP from your Web browser, causes the “Install SWToolset.exe” message to be displayed. Even though you install this Add On, it does not show up in the ‘Manage Add Ons’ Internet Explorer 8 (IE 8) consequently resulting in the same “Install SWToolset.exe” prompt being displayed every time you click one of your monitored devices.
Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 cause the “Install SWToolset.exe” message to be prompted even though this has already been installed. Another common message is “To utilize the Solarwinds Toolset Integration features, be sure to allw ActiveX controls on your browser.” Open up all security settings for ActiveX Controls (like you stated above)
- Make sure the Orion website is in the Trusted group. This prevents the error message To utilize the Solarwinds Toolset Integration features, be sure to allow ActiveX controls on your browser.”
- Open the browser, and manually download the SWToolset.exe
- Save this file somewhere (hopefully where all users will have rights)
- Open a command prompt with Administrator Rights (accessories -> right mouse click -> Run as administrator
- Very important: Close all your browsers to the Orion website!
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the SWToolset.exe file
- Run "SWToolset.exe /regserver".
- Open the browser, navigate to Orion, and see if it asks you again about installing the ActiveX (it shouldn’t, you just did it manually).
- If you do not get the message, give something a right click and see if you get the menu.
This will manually install the ActiveX Control. It seems I was not able to get the control install via auto download from the browser.