How to import Multiple CES devices using the ‘Add List’ feature?
VPN Router Multi-Element Manager
Contivity Configuration Manager
Follow the steps below:
- Make sure FTP/SNMP are configured on each CES to be imported. See Primus Solution NORT2335555 entitled How to get the CCM Auto-Import Feature to work? (Refer to solution: NORT057948-How to get the CCM Auto-Import Feature to work?)
- Go to the Configuration Data folder.
- Select the folder and open it by right-clicking.
- From the drop down menu, chose Import>From Network…
- Select the ‘Add List’ button in the ‘Import’ tab.
You will automatically be provided with the following ‘Import List Dialog’ example:
# Specify devices to import one line at a time, using a device specific format
# For example, to import a device at 10.10.10.10 whose
# community string is ‘public’ and whose manager password is ‘secret’ with a
# timeout of 10, specify:
# 10.10.10.10, public,secret,10
the ‘#’ symbol means that these lines are voided out
you can add a line at the end of the example
The last line of the example is incorrect for more details reference Primus Solution NORT056169: entitled Import List Dialog example is incorrect (Refer to solution: NORT056169-Import List Dialog example is incorrect )
- Enter the following text in the box to import a CES
- ‘10.10.10.10’ is the CES to be auto imported using the ‘Add List’ feature
- ‘public’ is the SNMP Community String which can be configured on the CES
- ‘admin’ is the User Name of the CES
- ‘setup’ is the Administrator Password of the CES
- ’10’ represents a timeout value
- Select the ‘OK’ Button and the devices you added to the list will be imported via auto-import.
ER Q01291936 was generated to provide other import options