If you are in the market for new hardware or software and you want to know it will work well with Windows 7, look for the Compatible with Windows 7 Logo.
What is The Compatible With Windows 7 Logo?
Helps customers make better purchase decisions by identifying products that work well with Windows 7 by having passed Microsoft designed tests for compatibility and reliability with Windows 7. In order to identify products that are for Windows 7 look for look for the Compatible with Windows 7 Logo on packaging and on retailer websites. Generic examples of such products include:
- a digital camera will automatically transfer photos or a wireless router will easily be set up in minutes and you can add a wireless device to Windows 7 that has received the logo in seconds;
- Software will install without worry and compatibility issues;
- Applications and drivers are signed so that you know the file has not been tampered with and can trust there is no malware or spyware.
Some facts about the Logo…
- Products that receive the Logo are checked for common issues to minimize the number of crashes, hangs, and reboots experienced by the user;
- To be granted the Logo, products are tested to work with all versions of Windows 7 including 64-bit. This is an important change since 64 bit systems are becoming more mainstream.;
- There are already over 6000 products that have received the logo. You can see some of the partners who have already passed the logo tests at readyset7.com;
Note: “Compatible with Windows 7” is intended for applications and devices you purchase after you get a computer, which is why supporting 64-bit Windows 7 is a logo requirement. As part of the Windows 7 Logo Program for computers, there are separate requirements that ensure PC’s will have a great Windows 7 experience out of the box and can upgrade to any edition of Windows 7.