I had an issue installing Panda Internet Security 2007, because it said Windos Onecare was still installed even after I had uninstalled Onecare via XP’s Add Remove Programs applet.
Here is a solution from Microsoft that eventually resolved my problem:
From your description, I understand that after removing Windows Live
OneCare, Panda cannot be installed onto the system, indicating OneCare is
This issue is caused by certain Windows Live OneCare registry keys that remaining in the system. I suggest we perform the following steps to delete them manually:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Click Start, click Run, type “regedit” (without quotation marks) in the
Open box, and then click OK.
3. In the left pane, expand to the following registry key:
Note: if the registry cannot be found, please go ahead to install Panda
again and check the result.
4. Right click on “MalwareProtection” and choose Permissions.
5. Select “Administrators” from the list and then check “Allow” next to the
“Full Control” entry.
6. Click OK. Right click on “MalwareProtection” and choose Delete.
7. Restart your computer and install Panda again.”